Monday, July 18, 2011

Forgiven


Not by anything I’ve done
Not by merits I have won
But by the blood of God’s own Son
My sins have been forgiven
Not by silver or by gold
Not by a secret left untold
But love that God did not withhold
Has paid my way to Heaven

The One who put the stars in place
Created earth in just six days
By His vast and changeless grace
I have been forgiven
There is naught that I can bring
No sacrifice or offering
To aid the life-blood of a King
Or pay my way to Heaven

Paid in full, my debt of sin
Where, oh where can I begin
To grasp this thought and take it in
My sins have been forgiven
To as many as believe
This perfect love they will receive
Jesus’ blood will set men free
And pay our way to Heaven

Janet


Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God--John 1:12

No comments: