Thursday, June 16, 2011

Shoes


I won’t tell you what to say
Or decide what you should choose
I can’t feel the way you feel
I haven’t travelled in your shoes

But I can love you, I can pray
And tell you God is never wrong
If we seek his narrow way
He alone will keep us strong

I can’t judge you for your sin
It would simply increase mine
God’s blood cleanses from within
With a righteousness divine

God alone can know the truth
He sees far beneath our skin
Still He chooses us to love
Oh, I scarce can take it in

I won’t tell you what to say
God can show you what to choose
I can love you; I can pray
But I cannot walk in your shoes

Janet~

Matthew 7:1-2

King James Version (KJV)

Matthew 7

1Judge not, that ye be not judged.

2For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again

2 comments:

Louis Gander said...

Nice poem Janet. So true. You write so good. Hope all is well.

Janet said...

We are all well. I trust that you are too. Nice to hear from you.

God Bless,