Thursday, May 19, 2011

Beseeching Thee


Dare I to make one small request
From such a hand as Thine
When I have trampled Heaven's best
And drank the sinner's wine?

The folly of my sinful heart
Is never hid from Thee
Thou knowest every secret part
Yet lovest tenderly

Should I reserve from Heaven’s own
The best that I can bring?
Nay,yet I bow before Thy throne
With humble offering

Pleasure dies and then the man
And man returns to dust
Thou, my God and Thou alone
Art all that I can trust

Though man is like a fleeting breath
His day like fading grass
Thou wilt guide his way through death
As from this life we pass

Dare I to make one small request
From such a God as Thee?
Nay, but to ask Thy righteousness
To work its will in me

Janet

23 Search me, God, and know my heart;
test me and know my anxious thoughts.
24 See if there is any offensive way in me,
and lead me in the way everlasting. Ps 139:23-24

No comments: